Tuesday, January 31, 2012

John's Kitchen in Angeles, Pampanga

At the corner where you see the big sign for Timog Park Homes in Angeles, Pampanga, you will also see a street sign that says, "John's Kitchen, 400 meters".

Unfortunately, we arrived late for my niece's birthday party which was held there so we didn't get to take a picture of the restaurant in daylight. Fortunately, my in-laws saved some of the party food (which they offer as part of their catering menu, not restaurant menu). And they were really good.

I am not into roast beef (or meat) that much but I ate so much of it. I couldn't stop. And the salmon dish was something I also liked, considering I don't like salmon as a general rule. I also loved their mashed potato, even if again, I am not a fan of that! So, yeah, verdict is... I highly recommend the food there.

We were even happily agitated to be sitting beside a table of local celebrities in the persons of Claude Tayag and Raymond Gutierez (an artist and biodynamic farmer from Prado Farms, and taught us clay modeling in my Waldorf crash course). John's Kitchen is just a year old but it is becoming a favorite haunt for the locals and you need only Google it to read good reviews.


the area outdoors


the beef roasting


salad, from my niece's party


the one on the skewer is chicken pesto, it's partner is the roast beef


mashed potatoes


salmon dish, the fish is imported from abroad


chocolate mousse dessert, which was on the dark chocolate-side (loved it!)


peach crumble, served really hot with the best vanilla ice cream (they make their own ice cream) I have ever tasted...


* pictures taken by my husband using his iPhone

The Hot Air Ballon festival is coming up, and I hope travellers will drop by John's Kitchen for great food. John (the owner and chef) worked in Dubai but his menu is more greatly influenced by his training in Australia.




*click on the photos to see John's Kitchen menu better


John's Kitchen is open from Mon - Sun: 17:30 - 23:00 and generally welcomes events/parties till 6 PM (so birthday parties are usually held between 3-6 PM). Like I said, they also cater so keep them in mind for corporate or family functions to be held in Angeles (after all, it's just a kilometer away from Clark).

John's Kitchen
Lot 49, Block 9
Sampaguita Ave., Timog Silangan
Angeles City
proprietor and chef: John Terence A. Dizon
0916-6480180
terencedizon at yahoo dot com

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails