Monday, November 08, 2010

Global Pinoy Bazaar - A Review

Global Pinoy Bazaar is a project of Yabang Pinoy where they pool together Pinoy entrepreneurs to exhibit proudly-Philippine made products. It's also a fundraising of sorts (the entrance fee was P100) to help such entreprenurs.

Anyway, the most recent one was held at the Rockwell Tent last November 6-7, 2010. And I must say, I was absolutely impressed. Sure, I didn't see any yakima racks there for bikes but there were local versions of what seems to be Lego-like toys (which uses magnets) and all the clothes were really fabulous! There were sellers of malunggay-based products as well as of chocolates mixed with local produce (siling labuyo, green mango, pili, etc.).

So, the next time there is another Global Pinoy Bazaar, I highly recommend that you go not just to help move local commerce but to also realize that we can indeed be world-class!

My loot consists of three shirts (onesie, toddler shirt and adult shirt) bearing MILKAHOLIC for the men in my life, a mini-bento set from Eden Maternity Wear and a Multi Wrap from Laura's Shawl Couture. Talk about being clothed in happiness!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails