Monday, February 18, 2008

cluttered blog?

My friend directed me to a site offering 50 Tips to Unclutter Your Blog. Although we don't have to do everything on the list, I really hope people would take time out to take up some of the tips.

More clutter, more time it takes for your site to load. Some possible readers may not have the patience to wait. Plus, if you really have something to say, you don't want your readers distracted. Of course, I know how difficult it is to walk a fine line between keeping it simple and read-worthy and not being boring and plain.

A personal preference... lose the buttons and blinkies. Some sites I visit have tons of those and they're really of no use because they don't lead you to someplace more interesting. All they say is that you know how to create buttons and blinkies.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails